Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Had to wipe phone and change all my passwords, now I dont

Customer Question

Had to wipe phone and change all my passwords, now I dont have a cell phone because it says that i need to use the email related to the account. I have done that. I have a galaxy s6 edge and use tmobile. can you help me please. i use this phone everyday for work
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

To clarify, your trying to set up the phone but you cannot as it wont allow you to use your Gmail account, is this correct?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That is correct. I have changed the password ***** number of times but still can get it to set up on the phone
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

ok, you have to wait 72 hours, its a protection system put in place.

IF you can sign in on it via www.gmail.com then its ok, you just have to wait 72 hours since you change the password and you can then unlock the phone.

They do this to prevent theft of the phone.

Once the 72 hours is up, the phone will accept the password.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
But how can I get to my regular phone? i use this phone everyday for work
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

You cannot, until you wait out the 72 hours. The way you did the reset tripped the anti theft lock, this is why you have to wait the amount of time.

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

I know it may be frustrating, but please understand they had to implement this for theft control, its just you had an uncommon situation where at the same time you wiped the phone, you resetted the password. This is why you have the issue.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you