Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

OK.... PLEASE HELP ME! MY NEW PHONE did a software update

Customer Question

OK.... PLEASE HELP ME! MY NEW PHONE did a software update automatically and it reset the phone. So when it powered back on it was at the setup wizard like it was the first time ever being turned on. Its telling me to sign back in with the Google account I used to sync everything the first I used the phone. HERES THE PROBLEM, I have the 2 step verification on my Google account, so when you log in to an unfamiliar device it has to text you a code to your cell phone that you have to put in before you can finish logging in. The number that i used to do that with DOESN'T EXIST ANY MORE. WHEN I GOT THIS NEW PHONE I GOT A WHOLE NEW NUMBER. SO NOW I CANT LOG INTO MY GOOGLE ACCOUNT TO FINISH SETTING UP MY PHONE. I READ ALL THE TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS BUT THEY ALL REQUIRE YOU LOG INTO YOUR ACCOUNT TO PERFORM AND I CANT! MY BRAND NEW SAMSUNG S6 EDGE PLUS IS DEAD IN THE WATER. PLEASE HERLP ME!
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Do you have any other device/computer that you can access your Gmail ? If so, can you login to your Gmail settings and turn off 2 step verification temporarily or change your phone number?