Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I got a new phone yesterday and foolishly set a password

Customer Question

I got a new phone yesterday and foolishly set a password ***** I was very tired. I had received some messages of pics and videos. When I later (after some sleep) went to get into the phone the password ***** wrong in essence. I am down to only ONLY one attempt left. I earlier contacted Verizon and sent me to lock the phone. It is now locked. They gave me 1234 for password ***** BUT I STILL CANNOT GET IN. The content (messages and videos) received last noc I cannot afford to lose. Can you help me please? I also get a device (tablet)
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

1234 will never work so I am not sure why they gave this, but you have to reset the phone, its the only way to remove it. It will delete all data and return the phone to new, but you cannot avoid this.

To do the reset

1. ower off your phone.
  2. Then press and hold together Home button + Volume Up button + Power button until the phone vibrates.
  3. After a few seconds you will see little man Android and after that menu recovery.
  4. In the menu choose with Volume buttons "wipe data/factory reset" and select it with Power button.
  5. Next select "yes".
  6. After this operation select "reboot".

This completes the process and the phone will be as new and you can use it again.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This did not help. I am NOT satisfied. Please reimburse money per your 100% satisfaction guaranty
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, you could tell me how it did not work, as the instructions are correct, so its a bit strange and why such a reply is received, but no problem, you can get a refund here

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All these things I already did both through Verizon and google, you gave me nothing alternatively to try. Hence, I am "not 100%" satisfied".
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

there is no alternative, this works 100%, but anyway you see how to get refund.