Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My Kindle will no longer take a charge. while I could it to

Customer Question

My Kindle will no longer take a charge. For a while I could it to charge, by wiggling the wire. I have tried three different chargers. It will power on, as it shows the icon for needing charging. I have had my tablet for a year and a half, paid $200.
Thanks
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think there are two possible causes for the problem you are asking about:

1. dirt in the charging port (or, mini-USB-port ?)

or

2. broken (formerly, loose) connections in the charging port.

In sum, I suspect it's the latter of the two, but you can check for the former of the two, by taking an old toothbrush, clean, but dry also, and scrubbing the charging port out. Then trying charging it again.

If it still doesn't charge, then you have a broken charging port. Amazon's warranty usually isn't above 1 year, but you could check.

After that, you could have it repair-serviced, at your expense (if not under warranty), either by Amazon.com themselves (at cost to you, if not under warranty), or by third-party providers of that service, some quite basic enough. Let me know how it goes, and what you would prefer, and I will advise you further as necessary. Thanks.