Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  Android Tech
62741268

How do I use the add/remove items on my Kindle?

Customer Question

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

Go to the Home screen. The home screen can be accessed by tapping the white and black house icon.

• From the home screen, you will be able to access the entire library found in your kindle by gently dragging your finger up and down the screen.

Locate the books/items you wish to remove. By scrolling up and down, find the title you would like to delete.

• If you can’t find the title, tap “x of y” box in the top right of the screen. This will open a dialog function that allows you to type in keywords of the title or author.

Press and hold the title to remove. Once you’ve located the book you’d like to delete, press and hold the title. Hold for a few seconds and a menu will populate the screen. From here, select “Remove from Device. This will delete the book from your Kindle.

• This will also work by pressing and holding when viewing thumbnails of the book covers.
  • Once removed from your device, the download will remain in your Cloud. This means you can download it at a later date, if you desire.

You can also manage the content form your computer.

Important: After you delete an item from Manage Your Content and Devices, you will no longer have access to re-download the item unless you purchase it again.

1. Go to Manage Your Content and Devices.
  2. From Your Content, change the Show drop-down menu to the appropriate category, if needed.
  3. Select the title(s) that you want to delete, and then select Delete.
  4. To confirm, select Yes, delete permanently.

Please let me know if this does not work or if you need any other assistance.

Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.

Thank you very much!