Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

My name is ***** ***** and I'm currently locked out of my

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** ***** and I'm currently locked out of my samsung galaxy s5 because the fingerprint recognition didn't recognize it. I don't know how to reset my password ***** get back into my phone.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It says to type my alternative password,but I've typed all the passwords I would use and its not letting me in. I do have a google account that is linked to it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Android Devices Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure I can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

When you enter wrong passcode for multiple times, it should ask for the Gmail account associated with it. So use that Gmail account to reset the code.

If that didn't work, then we can unlock it directly from Samsung Find My Mobile service. This will only work if you have the Find My Mobile option enabled on it. Go to this website --> https://findmymobile.samsung.com/

Login to your Samsung account. Select your device on the left and click Screen Unlock at left column. This will unlock the screen.

If that didn't work, then the only option to get in to the phone is factory-reset it. There is no other way to override the passcode screen if the Gmail option didn't work. Factory reset will erase everything from it and return it to new (like Out of Box). This is how they designed the device. Follow the steps below to factory reset it;

Turn off the phone

Press and hold down Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds.

Android system recovery will be loaded now

Select wipe data/factory reset. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)

Select Yes — delete all user data.

Then select reboot system now

That should factory reset the phone . Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.