Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  Android Tech
62741268

I can't unlock my nexus 9 even tho pw is correct

Customer Question

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

okay, you may have to wait 72 hours.

Follow these steps and be sure that is the case.

If your device is running Android 5.1 or higher: Your device is protected to prevent other people from using it if it's been reset to factory settings. To ensure that it's really you doing the reset, you'll need to enter a Google username and password ***** with the device after factory reset. If you don't have this information, you won't be able to finish the setup process and use the device at all after factory reset.

If you haven't added a Google Account to your device, your device is not protected and you won't need a Google username and password ***** use your device after factory reset.

You'll also need to:

Performing a factory reset on your Nexus 9 may take up to an hour depending on your device model and available memory. Make sure you plug in your tablet before starting the factory reset. If your tablet becomes unresponsive at any point during these steps, you can restart it by holding down the Power button for several seconds.

1. If your tablet is on, turn it off.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Down button, then press and hold the Power button at the same time until the tablet turns on.
  3. Press the Volume Down button once to highlight "Recovery."
  4. Press the Power button to start in recovery mode. You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
  5. While holding down the Power button, press and release the Volume Up button once.
  6. Press the Volume Down button twice to highlight "wipe data/factory reset," then press the Power button to select it.
  7. Press the Volume Down button seven times to highlight "Yes - erase all user data," then press the Powerbutton to select it.
  8. After the reset is complete, press the Power button to select the option to reboot your device.

When you're done, follow these steps to restore your data.

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.

Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.

Thank you very much!