Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

My Kindle is frozen on the table of contents page. A message

Customer Question

My Kindle is frozen on the table of contents page. A message on top of the page tells me to delete the book mentioned and redownload it from Archived items. I cannot close that window nor can I do anything else except shut the Kindle off.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

This usually happens if the firmware is glitched. First we can can soft-reset the Kindle and see if it works or not. Press and hold down (or slide) the Power button for 40 full seconds and this will reset the Kindle. Then check if you are able to unlock it.

If that didn't work, then connect it to your computer. While connected, press and hold down the Power button for 40 seconds and this will reset it.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.