Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I have to setup an android app to work with a dvr bought on

Customer Question

Hello, I have to setup an android app to work with a dvr bought on ebay
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  ITPeter replied 11 months ago.

Hi there,

What is the make and model number of the DVR player?

What app are you trying to set up?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
- the dvr has a frontal writing "Aprica (R)" but it doesn't exist any website with this name, so I think it's not useful to know, it also have another adhesive on the right that says "icloud software, one-touch online, http:www.nvsip.com", other informations are on the bottom : "h.264 network dvr, itemno: 5104, a bar code : 6920150551044, rate voltag 12V, PAL".
- the app I was using is dvrplayer for android.I specify that I'm trying only in the local network at this moment, and on a windows computer from any web browser it works well, but from smartphones nothing at all, I think the connection is established (if I set a wrong address it says connection error), but it keep sayng "buffering" and sometimes says "no response" and then again "buffering" etc
if you will need I can connect it to my dsl router to make you remote accessing.Thanks
GiovanniPS:
I tryed also other 2 completely different dvrs and the situation is always the same: PC works well, smartphone (android/ios) nothing at all!!
I have installed already a dvr with remote viewing system and worked well from smartphones, and the only difference I noticed is: this one have on web browser a "adobe flash" interface but the three other that I tried this time have a "quicktime" interface... maybe that would help to find an answer!
Expert:  ITPeter replied 11 months ago.

Hi Giovanni,

If the DVR app is showing as "buffering" and "no response" then a firewall may be preventing the DVR from communicating with the smartphone app.

You will need to open the specified port for mobile devices; this should be indicated in the documents supplied with the DVR system.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hello! unfortunally there is nothing, no documents or something inside the package, maybe the ports can be retrieved in a sort of reverse engineering way? Now is too late here, but if you need tomorrow morning I will connect it to the router and send you the parameters to access the dvr?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello, I have a little troubles setting up the ports to access from remote, as soon as I will succeed I give you the connection settings.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you download and use the app IP Cam Viewer.

Tell me if that app connects to your DVR

Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello, I downloaded "IP Cam Viewer Basic by Robert Chou" and that ask me a brand and model for the dvr but nothing that resembles the stuff that I have is selectable, and so all tries are getting to a message that tells not successful to recovery the image from the camera