Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a moto X phone and it will not send texts. How do I

Customer Question

I have a moto X phone and it will not send texts. How do I correct?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That would be due, in all likelihood, to your data carrier not providing the SMS messaging system in your data plan. Or, that you have run out of minutes (or other allotments) for SMS messaging. I advise you to contact your data carrier, and ask them about the matter, and what the status of your current account and its plan is, for SMS text messaging.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank You but your answer is not helpful. I have unlimited SMS messaging from my carrier and it works on my other devices. It is just this phone. I can receive texts, but when I respond the phone will not send them. I hope you are able to help me further.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

OK. I understand. I recommended that you check with your carrier / service provider, without knowing that other devices on the same plan are sending just fine.

Please tell me more about your phone. At present I don't know anything specific about it, so I have to ask. Maker, model #, and Android (or, if Apple, iOS) version, would be basic information that would help me advise you. Also, what text messaging app you are using might be apposite information.

Has SMS messaging / text sending, worked on this phone before this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have 4 other phones that are working on this T-Mobile Acct. This phone is a Moto X model XT 1052.If you cannot fix this problem, please drop my free trial for this service. Thanks
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Try these steps:

1. Access Sprint Zone.
  2. Swipe from Right to Left to open Device Diagnostics.
  3. Look for Network:
  4. *IF* Network is in the Failed or Flagged section: then, Update the Data Profile.
    1. After the profile update is complete, tap OK.
    2. Tap Update Profile.
    3. From Device Diagnostics, tap System Updates.
    4. Network is in the Passed section: Your phone is connected to the Sprint network.

Another thing to try is, to perform a soft reset. This is done by holding down the POWER button on your phone until it restarts.

Try the 'troubleshooting assistant' if you like, at

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/moto-x-troubleshooting/#/main/device/&MOTXT1060W&8387/main

and tell me whether it has anything more to say than 'text messaging not working'... if it indicates anything more specific, perhaps I can work with that information. Or, it may just fix the problem for you or tell you what to do about it - it isn't impossible that it might.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why would I want to connect to the Sprint Network when my network is T-Mobile?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I did not know that. Forget that part of the instructions, since Sprint Zone's facilities are N/A to the case, and try the soft reset, please.