Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Android Expert.
23511658

I'm ***** *****, I am locked out of my phone. I encrypted

Customer Question

Customer: I'm ***** *****, I am locked out of my phone. I encrypted from an sd card and when it restarted it asked for my PIN for my Sim. tried everything.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The screen is black when restarted with a lock symbol and it asks for my PIN or password ***** encryped SIM.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Android Devices Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: i suppose. if you get me back in.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
how long is this going to take? I would like to get into my phone tonight or get my money back and wait till tomorrow.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
you can call on my land line. But please tell me first.(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok this is taking too long. its also very late. im going to bed and i am disputing charges tomorrow.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

The only way to get by the password ***** PIN on a phone is going to be a complete reset.

On most devices, this includes turning the device off, and then when turning it on, either holding the down volume or the up volume. This will get you to a text recovery menu. From this menu, you can use the volume buttons to navigate up/down and then the power button to select Wipe/Factory reset. This should do the reset and when it's done, the system will start up, re-install the operating system and then go through the setup - allowing you to put in your account information. After that point you should be fine.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This did not work at all. I have Metro PCS. I tried to decrypt a SD card into my phone and when it did it shut down when complete and locked phone with password ***** pin. I use both and then it takes me to a locked home screen, reading pin lock sim call provider and every code they gave me did not work. Please do not charge my card. I did not get the help I needed.