Rusty Rescue
Rusty Rescue, Technician
Experience:  Android recovery, app specialist, consulting.
63817454

Have recently bought a combined cellphone/tablet working

Customer Question

Have recently bought a combined cellphone/tablet working with Android 4.4 My laptop gmail was hacked and disrupted months back so I changed to another email provider.
My device could not access google store, and in trying to sort this out, everything relating to google got totally screwed up. I need help in getting things back on line. I have the following info:
A recovery code given to my recovery phone 210370
My recovery phone (###) ###-####
My working email ***@******.***
My gmail address ***@******.*** Works with my laptop but not with the smartphone.
When I try to access 'Docs' I get the account name come up***@******.*** I dont have a password ***** this and is is an incorrect address.
If you can not help with this, can you please give me an email contact who can help.
google probably have my real name as David ***** *****
Dave
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Rusty Rescue replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. When your account is hacked, it's not necessary to change email providers. Gmail is pretty secure, all you have to do is change all of your passwords. That means Facebook, bank passwords, etc... The way hackers get passwords is by first hacking into your email, then sending a "forgot password" request to your email address.

Android tablets work with a Google account. On your computer, go back to your old account and change the password ***** If you have deleted the account, that's ok, just make a new one. Sign into Gmail on your tablet, and you'll be able to access the Google Play store. Change your Gmail password ***** every three months, and use numbers and symbols to make up that password. That way a bot will have a harder time getting your password.

Once you sign it into a Gmail account, either the one you were using or a brand new one, it will return to normal. Do not use another Gmail account that is used on another tablet, or you'll see your contacts and apps do some strange stuff.