Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have shutdown, removed the battery and sim card,

Customer Question

I have shutdown, removed the battery and sim card, reinstalled, powered up and there is no connection to tracfone
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If your phone has never worked before - and, *if* you are in a region where Tracfone service actually has coverage (which is a detail you should check, or allow me to check)... then your phone may be defective.

But also make sure that the Settings of the phone have wireless service, or 'data service', or 'carrier service' turned On. If only WiFi is enabled, or only Bluetooth, or only WiFi and Bluetooth, then you will not be able to connect to *any* carrier, and certainly not to Tracfone service.

(If you need help with Settings on your phone, let me know whether it is an Android phone, or some other type.)