Rusty Rescue
Rusty Rescue, Technician
Experience:  Android recovery, app specialist, consulting.
63817454

I desperately need help setting up my amazon echo. I am

Customer Question

I desperately need help setting up my amazon echo. I am giving them as gifts and nobody seems to know how to set them up. believe me, we've tried everything. They will all be returned back to the store if we can't get help. please call back asap
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Rusty Rescue replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. These are a spinoff of Sonos, Airplay, and other wireless app controlled speakers. They're pretty cool when you get the hang of it. The first thing to remember, is forget about everything you've ever learned about connecting to a speaker.

http://www.amazon.com/echosetup

On your smart phone or tablet, go to that website. That will install the app, and it will give you step-by-step instructions on how to connect it.

Here's how the technology works:

It connects to your home's wireless network. Your phone or tablet must be connected to that network. It plays songs from your mobile device, goes through your wireless router, and then to the speaker. It's all controlled with the app. Let me know if you have any trouble with the setup. It is a smart app, so just follow what it tells you to do, and it will connect successfully.

In my experience, sometimes you have to start over a few times if something doesn't look right. You'll only have to do the setup once.