Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot Android Devices.
30037186

, yes, I have a kindel fire hd which i just purchased

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes, I have a kindel fire hd which i just purchased from a store and it dosent get out of the demo mode
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Android Devices Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yah
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I purchased the kindel a week ago, and received it today. the device turns on, then procedess to be in a demo mode; I tryed at the top right More(button) and does nothing. The parent controls is on and will not turn off. I'm thinking from reading other post this may have been just a store demo unit. But I thought from reading other posts it might be able to be reprogrammed for correct operation. I dont know what I purched at this point. If you can call my phone is avalbe
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
still waiting for some answare
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is this a display model?

Solution #1:

- Make sure the Kindle Fire HD device is charged. If you press and hold the Power on/off button on the Kindle for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on

, then if you tap on the More button at the top right, does it do anything? If yes, and if it gives you a menu, can you select the Device option, then select the option Reset to Factory Defaults, and confirm Yes, and check?

Solution #2:

1. Make sure the kindle is charged. Then press and hold the Power on/off button on the kindle for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on

2. Then in the search bar (i.e., tap the search box or search icon (or tap the magnifying glass)), type exactly

;demo

(Note: there is semicolon, followed by the word demo with no spaces.)
3. This will bring up a menu.

4. Select the option called Resell Device (or Resell), and confirm Resell.

5. It will takes a couple of minutes or so for it to finish resetting.

6. Then you should be able to use the Kindle now.

Note: If you need support phone call or if there is still issue, please click on the website below:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?skip=true

, then there, fill out your info for phone support.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.