Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Android Expert.
23511658

The last week or so i have had difficulty receiving phone

Customer Question

Hello:
the last week or so i have had difficulty receiving phone calls on my motorola moto g 4g 2nd gen smartphone. the load speaker works, i can dial out (make) fone calls. but anyone who attempts to call me, hears no ringing and they immediately get my voicemail
i've hard set the smartphone, i've checked all the sound parameters, i am at a loss as what to do!!
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i've hard set the smartphone,i've checked all the sound parameters, i am at a loss as what to do!!nothing else to add . cellulare data is turned off (always) wifi is turned off right no. everything under sound/volume looks good. turned ny voicemail off with my carrier (i'm here in france)
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question. There are a few levels of "resets" that you can do to the phone. The first is basically just a restart, the last is a full reset. I would perform them in this order - it is likely however, that it will take the third, full reset to cure the problem.

Press and hold the Power button for 7 - 10 seconds, the device will restart and go through the boot-up sequence.

Notes:

• The forced restart or reboot will not delete any Data on your phone.
  • If completing the 7-10 second Reset does not recover normal functionality of the device, then press and hold the Power Button for a full 120 seconds while connected to a charger.

Factory Data Reset is a tool used to remove everything that was imported, added or installed on the device. Keep in mind, when using this feature everything is deleted.

To reset your device:

1. Touch

2. Touch Settings

3. Touch Backup & reset

4. Touch Factory Data Reset

5. Touch Reset Phone

Please let me know your results and if you have any questions.