ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

Nov 2015 switched phone carriers to Verizon, who uses

Customer Question

Nov 2015 switched phone carriers to Verizon, who uses gmail/google. The Verizon rep set up my phone along with two others who are on my plan. Last night my phone is showing a lock down where only emergency calls can be made. The phone is not working at all other than 'emergency calls'. After three trips to the Verizon shop, i received no help. Other than call the help desk of google.
My specific issue is,,,,, my phone is stuck on emergency calls only.... i have changed my password ***** that seems to be ok. But the phone won't take the new password,,, it wants one that was active before I changed it. PROBLEM I don't know the password ***** the email for sure that I had before I changed password. Advice,,,,, (###) ###-####
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  ITPeter replied 11 months ago.

Hi Bruce,

If you do not know the password ***** email address then the only other option is to factory reset the phone.
This will erase any data you have on it that is not backed up.

Let me know if you need instructions on how to do this.

Pete.

Expert:  ITPeter replied 11 months ago.

Hi Bruce, please reply back on this question page with any followup questions.

Expert:  ITPeter replied 11 months ago.

To hard reset your Motorola Droid Maxx 2, first power it off.

Then press and hold Volume Down + Power button simultaneously for a few seconds.

Next, press the Volume Down to select option "Recovery", and press the Power button to confirm.

When the Android Image shows up on the screen hold down the Volume Up for a couple of seconds.

Whilst still holding the Volume Up button, hold down the Power key and after a short while release all buttons.

Afterwards press Volume Down to choose "wipe data/factory reset", and then push the Power key to confirm.

Select "Yes--delete all user data". Use Volume Down button to scroll and Power key to select.

To restart the tablet, select "reboot system now".