Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Android Expert.
23511658

I have been attempting to sign in on my Galaxy S5 to my

Customer Question

I have been attempting to sign in on my Galaxy S5 to my Google account (I changed the password ***** Google did not recognize any) and I still cannot sign in. I get a message asking me to sign in with an account previously synced on the phone ... which is what I am doing!
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 12 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** can assist you with your question.

Unfortunately, when this happens, it indicates that something in the operating system on the phone has become corrupt. Fortunately, it is simple to fix – but you will have to do a full reset the phone. Once you do the reset, it will go through the initial set up again and it will ask you for your account information and offered to restore your phone. So, the only things that are at risk of being lost are items that are not synchronized with something online. To do the reset completely turn off the device, then turn it back on while holding the up volume button. If that doesn't work, you may have to also hold the home button – it depends on the version of android that is on the device. Once you do that you will see a text screen which is a menu called recovery. Use the volume keys to navigate that menu and then use the power key to select. What you are looking for on that menu is a factory reset/wipe. Navigate to that with the volume keys and then press the power button to select it. It will ask you to confirm. After you do, it may take several minutes for it to restart suggest be patient. Then go through the setup and all should be good. Let me know how you make out and if you have any additional questions. As an additional benefit, this will probably increase the performance of your device over what you used to.