Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

I HAVE A CHEAP AT&t GO PHONE WHEN I WAS IN SETUP, I SAW A

Customer Question

I HAVE A CHEAP AT&t GO PHONE WHEN I WAS IN SETUP, I SAW A CHOICE THAT SPOKE THE COMMANDS. THERE WAS A CHOICE TO LEARN HOW TO USE WHERE YOU CHOOSE A COMMAND, AND IT SPOKE THE COMMAND BUT DIDNT EXECUTE IT. I GOT INTO THAT, AND NOW I DONT KNOW HOW TO GET THE PHONE OUT OF THAT LEARNING MODE. HELP! MY PHONE IS NOW A USELESS CHATTY KATHY!
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Michael replied 12 months ago.

Hi Chatty Kathy lol ;-)

Can I have the full model # ***** your cheap phone lol?

Also, do you have the user manual or would you like one if it is still available?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
HANG ON, I THINK I HAVE A FOLDER WITH SOME STUFF THAT I FOUND...
Expert:  Michael replied 12 months ago.

Hi Kathy I'm here when you need me ;-)

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I HAVE A PRNTOUT FROM AT&T WITH DETAILS OF PHONE EVERTHING BUT A SERIAL # ***** CANT GET INTO ANY SCREENS ANYMORE, JUST THE STARTUP SCREEN THAT SHOWS LOCKED OF COUSE THE DIRECTIONS TO UNLOCK DONT DO ANYTHING BECAUSE ITS IN THAT STUPID DEMO MODE. AS I RECALL THE AT T STORE SENT ME TO RADIO SHACK TO BUY THE PHONE IT WAS STUPID CHEAP LIKE 29.95$ I TOOK IT BACK TO ATT AND THEY SET IT UP FOR ME. THIS W3AS IN 8/3/2013
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I WILL TRY TO GET INTO MY ATT ACCOUNT TO SEE IF I GET ANYWHERE. I THINK YOU HAVE TO GET INTO IT FROM THE !@#$%^ PHONE, BUT ILL TRY...
Expert:  Michael replied 12 months ago.

Hi Kathy lol. If you can find me the model # ***** it should be on the bottom or back of the phone?

Let me know. I can help you a lot if you can get me that.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a nice day Kathy!

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
ok
you have to take off the back and battery.
MAKE = ZTE
MODEL= Z992
SERIAL#= 329033512797
MADE IN CHINA (SUPRIZE, SUPRIZE!)
Expert:  Michael replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for that info,Kathy lol ;-)

Please visit this link for the user manual. Also let me know if it is the correct one.

Sometimes they mix these up.

http://www.wireless.att.com/support_static_files/manuals/ATT_Avail_Z990.pdf

Thank you and have a nice day Kathy!

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
THAT IS THE MANUAL.ALSO, TAKING BATTERY OUT AND REINSTALLING IT GAVE ME BACK ALL OF THE FUNCTIONS. BUT I STILL CANT GET RID OF THE TALKING THE COMMANDS THAT ARE ON THE SCREEN. THE MANUAL DIDNT HELP. THERE MUST BE SOMETHING SIMPLE I AM MISSING CAN YOU HELP?
Expert:  Michael replied 12 months ago.

Hi, you should be able to turn that feature off. Do you see where it talks about that?

Its kind of complicated for me to explain this part to you as its under a hidden menu, why they did that I don't know lol.

But I will contact them on Monday for you, i just tried but they will be available Monday morning and I will get them to send me a copy of exactly how you turn on and off that feature Kathy. Thanks for your patience!

Please rate kindly at this time so your question doesn't time out and end unexpectedly.

When you do rate kindly, I will be notified immediately and will be able to put your question in my priority list so I can respond to you on Monday with the info you need.

Thanks again and have a wonderful weekend Kathy. No cost to rate in a kind fashion.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
NONE OF THE FIXES IN THE MANUAL WORK. DONT FEEL BAD, I CALLED ATTS HELP LINE AND THEY COULDNT FIX IT EITHER FORTUNATELY, I HAD ALREADY BOUGHT A SANSUNG GALAXY 6S I JUST HAVE TO GET A CHANCE TO GO OVER TO AN ATT STORE AND HAVE IT SWITCHED OVER. THEN ILL THROW THIS ZEE-WHATEVER OFF A HIGH CLIFF WHERE IT BELONGS.
THANKS ANYWAY (AT THE END IT WENT BACK TO ACTING LIKE IT DID WHEN I FIRST CALLED YOU, EVEN WHEN I TOOK THE BATTERY OUT FOR A WHILE 3 MORE TIMES.
NEIL XXX
Expert:  Michael replied 12 months ago.

Hi Neil, thats terrible they couldn't even help. I wish I could have done more.

In any case, please rate my service kindly, there is no cost for that and that will allow me to close this for you.

Thanks Neil, and have a nice night;-)

Tech Michael