Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I have run out of space on my Samsung Galaxy s5. I have

Customer Question

I have run out of space on my Samsung Galaxy s5. I have tried three different sd cards, in an effort to solve the problem, but the phone doesn't register that there is even one there. Is there a problem with the phone or is there a setting I can change
to get an SD card to work?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

First, what size are the SD cards that your using? And how do you know the phone does not register then SD cards?

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I've tried both 32GB and 64GB. It doesn't register the sd card because when I'm looking at the storage nothing changes, it still says "mount sd card" in grey. At first I thought it was the card, so I pulled it out and had my friend try it and the card worked in his phone.
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

Thanks

With the 32GB card in the phone, ho to Settings. Applications and swipe to the list all

Locate Google Services Framework.

Press it and press clear data.

Once done, restart the phone and tell me please if it is then recognized.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I did all that, and it did not work. After following those steps, I went into the applications and tried to move the fb app to the sd card and it says there's not one.
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

ok, note when you move the FB app to the SD card you lose the widget if you use it.

For the problem though, its pointing to a fault SD card slot on the phone.

We need to confirm this via a Factory Reset. This is going to remove all data from your phone and return it to new, so you need to first backup anything off your phone. As you cannot use the SD card to do this, you can use Kies 3 to backup to your computer and can get it from my link below

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/

Then once the phone is backed up, go to Settings, Backup and Reset, Factory Reset and perform a reset.

Then setup the phone again and tell me if it now detects the SD card please.

Let me know the result.