Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

1. Bought my granddaughter a Kindle 2. I want to register

Customer Question

1. Bought my granddaughter a Kindle for Christmas 2. I want to register her device on my account so she can charge books to me 3. I'd like to share at least one book with her now that is on my device 4.How do I register her device so books get downloaded to her Kindle
5. I'd like to buy one or two books to have on the device when I give it to her.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

First, if you register it with your account Ginny, she will have access to all your books, you cannot just share a couple, as its looking at your account so downloading all your books.

What you can do is assign your credit card to her account.

Is this what you would like to do? Or you would like to have hers registered still with your account? Then we can focus on getting your password ***** sorted out.

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like her to have an account with my credit card. I thought I had read that a book on your account could be shared. I have no problem with all my books being available to her but I don't want to fill her Kindle with a lot of unnecessary data. I think my husband is also on my account. I guess the same thing applies - he cannot load one of my books to his I Pad??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have received an email requesting a rating which I cannot give until the matter is resolved. Your initial answer said, "What you can do is assign your credit card to her account. Is this what you would like to do? Or you would like to have hers registered still with your account? Then we can focus on getting your password ***** sorted out. Please let me know."I thought this was a continuation of the first question and not a new one. I replied that I wold like her to have an account with my credit card. At this time, my problem has not been resolved and I look forward to hearing from you again. Thanks.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, then you add your credit card to her account via your computer.

To do this

Visit the page for the account - https://www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle

- Log into using HER Amazon account (the same Amazon account you have her registered on your Kindle)

On the right side select "Settings"

Under 'Kindle Payment Settings' (first option)

Click 'Edit Payment Method'

Change your credit card details.

Restart your Kindle and it will update

To lend books to her, follow the instructions here

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200549320

Let me know how you go please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no point in talking on the phone, I have been totally unsuccessful in establishing her on my account. The only thing left is to give her the Kindle and begin her account with my credit card number.And I haven't been able to do this without her email account which I don't want to do before I give her the gift.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, did you read my last message? It was very clear on how to setup the credit and for her account and lend books.

What was not clear in the instructions?