Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

We have a new BlackBerry PRIV and a Microsoft Exchange

Customer Question

We have a new BlackBerry PRIV and a Microsoft Exchange Server account through GoDaddy. We have tried setting up my account through the GMAIL app but it doesn't function properly. The wheel just spins and we have had instances of messages sitting for hours
in the outbox and then mysteriously sending. So we shut that App down and installed the Outlook app. I do not like the Outlook app. The issue with our system is that I have every the mail folder for all of my employees and then some on my devices. This can
be up to 40 or so. And when using the outlook app I would have to load each folder anew every time I would go into one of those folders in order to get any of the mail contained within said folder. I also carry an iPhone, that I do not like to use, which has
been set up exactly like like this and it works just fine. Now I want my BlackBerry PRIV to be set up this way. Not to mention, my old BlackBerry Passport was also set up this way and it worked. But I need assistance getting the PRIV set up the same way. Another
issue is that I am traveling and I have the phone with me but my tech and assistant are the people who will walk me through this. My assistant can be reached at***@******.*** or(###) ###-#### ***** copy him or email him your answer directly.
Thank you.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Rusty Rescue replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. In your Gmail forwarding settings, are you set to IMAP or POP?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Neither, it's a Microsoft Exchange account.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

The Gmail app is to connect to a Gmail account, you do not connect it to a non gmail account hence why you get this issue.

Can I ask, What happens when you use the built in email app within the PRIV to connect to your email account?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still here? I am confused a little
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes, I need you to reply to the question I asked please.