Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

Typed in password but doesn't connect

Customer Question

typed in password ***** doesn't connect
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 12 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Are you sure you are using correct WiFi password ?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Expert:  Ashik replied 12 months ago.

Do you have any computer there connected to your WiFi password ? We can verify that you are using correct password ***** that computer

Expert:  Ashik replied 12 months ago.

Do you have any computer there connected to your WiFi NETWORK*? We can verify that you are using correct password ***** that computer

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I'm online using it now
Expert:  Ashik replied 12 months ago.

Is that a Mac or Windows PC ?

If Windows, what version of Windows are you using on it ? XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 ?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Windows seven
Expert:  Ashik replied 12 months ago.

First I want you make sure you are using correct WiFi password. If it still not connecting, then we have to make some adjustments to router to get it connection.

Follow the steps below to get the WiFI password ***** your computer.

Click on the network/wireless icon at the bottom right of the screen (left to the clock)

From the list of networks, right-click on your wireless network name and click on Properties.

Then click on the Security tab.

Then click the box at Show characters.

This will show the password ***** the text box. Use that password ***** connect your Kindle to your network.

Another way is, press Windows and R keys at same time and this will bring Run window. Type ncpa.cpl and press enter. You will see the WiFi network adapter (with a Wireless icon). Right click on it and select Status. From the resulting window, click Wireless Properties button and click "Show Password" to see the password (under Security tab).

Is that the same password ***** were trying on your Kindle ?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
It is yes
Expert:  Ashik replied 12 months ago.

What is the exact error you are getting when you connect ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 12 months ago.

Do this please. On the Kindle, Press and hold down (or slide) the Power button for 20 seconds and this will reset the Kindle.

Then turn off your router and unplug it for 2 minutes. This will soft reset the router. Then turn it back on and connect your Kindle. If it still not working, then we have to login to your router and change the security type. So what is the model and make of your router ?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Athenification failed
Expert:  Ashik replied 12 months ago.

Then turn off your router and unplug it for 2 minutes. This will soft reset the router. Then turn it back on and connect your Kindle. If it still not working, then we have to login to your router and change the security type.

What is the mode and make of your router ?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I don't know should I reboot it
Expert:  Ashik replied 12 months ago.

Yes. Look at the back of your router and you will find the model and make there ? like Negeat, Linksys, Cisco etc

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
West Dell a 90
Expert:  Ashik replied 12 months ago.

The authentication error indicates that the security type is wrong or the code is wrong. Since the password ***** ***** it must be the security type. We can try changing it.

ON your computer open internet browser and go to this website or click this link --> http://192.168.1.1

Does it open any website asking for username and password ?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I will look at that I have to go again I will get back to you thank you for the help so far
Expert:  Ashik replied 12 months ago.

Can I connect to your computer and help you directly ? It will take only a few minutes.

Expert:  Ashik replied 12 months ago.

Ok, we can continue later. Just reply back to me when you are back and I will get back to you ASAP.

The issue is there are several security modes like WPA, WPE, WPA2 Personal/ Enterprise etc are some Kindle has issues connecting to some router with old security type. So we will have to change that.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Have a nice day
Expert:  Ashik replied 12 months ago.

You too