Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

How do I get rid of ICSPA virus from Samsung Galaxy note

Customer Question

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisiting you wit your question.

The ICSPA virus usually affect the android system files. Once it is infected, it is hard to remove it. You may need to factory reset the Note. But you can boot into Safe Mode and backup your important files.

To boot into Safe Mode, turn off the Note. Press and hold down Volume down and Power button at the same time and when it turns on, release the Power button but keep holding down Volume Down and this will boot into safe mode. Once it is in Safe Mode, you will be able to connect it to your computer and backup all your important files.
Also go to Settings > Accounts and sync to your Google account. Then lets remove it manually.

Go to Settings > Application Manager or Applications. You will see several tabs there like Downloaded, Installed etc. Select Downloaded and do you see any unusual apps there ? Like flash player, BaDoink, AnnallLockscreen etc. If so open them and remove/uninstall them. Remove all of them. Also check All tab.
Remove them if you find any weird apps. Then go to Play Store and download Avast ransomware removal tool. Install and run it. Does it find anything ? If so, delete then. Then restart.
If you are still seeing the virus, then we have to reset it as the virus disguise as a system app and it is hard to identify it.
Boot into Safe Mode again. Then go to Settings > Backup & Reset and do the factory reset from there.Thhis will completely remove the virus,

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Alex, there is an easy way to reset the phone if you are unable to boot into Safe Mode. First connect it to your computer and backup your files. Let me know if you need help with that.

Then follow the steps below to factory reset it. Factory reset will ensure that the virus is completely removed.

Turn off the Note

Press and hold down Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds.

Android system recovery will be loaded now

Select wipe data/factory reset. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)

Select Yes — delete all user data.

Then select reboot system now

That should factory reset the Note. Then setup it. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.