Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

I got my kindle wet .. it is dry now but will not come

Customer Question

I got my kindle wet .. it is dry now but will not come alive. what can i do?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch. Unfortunately, chances of permanent hardware damage resulting from the exposure to liquid is high and may not be possible to resolve.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This did not work. Nothing appeared.
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for trying.

Honestly that does not bode well. These devices are not designed to withstand water and rarely survive it.

There is almost certainly internal damage that will ultimately require repair/replacement.

There is one further step we can try, however,

Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.

If you have not charged the kindle recently or know that it is at least half full, then you should charge the battery for at least a few hours before proceeding further. Then plug the kindle into computer via usb cable, then press and hold power button for 60+ seconds, and release. The kindle will take 3-5 minutes to reload it's internal firmware. If it doesn't turn back on by itself, press power once to turn it on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will try this. How do I get back to you
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.

Same as you did just now, just reply back to me here,

you can bookmark this page or just leave the window open.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know how to bookmark page
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.

Just leave this page open then and get back to me here when ready, it won't go anywhere.

If it would be easier, you can call me when done.