Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

How can I disable the touchpad on my laptop? I use a battery

Customer Question

how can I disable the touchpad on my laptop? I use a battery mouse, but when I'm typing, if I just get my hand or finger near the touchpad, suddenly my typing can be posted in the middle of previous script. Pls help. ***** ***** at lala.adams@ aol.com
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me the version of windows you are using please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 10. I recently upgraded to 10 but this problem existed before that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pls call me instead at(###) ###-####
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It is better if I connect to your computer and do this for you, as opposed to instructions over the phone.

Please accept the request.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have brain damage so I need to talk to you on the phone at the number I gave you. Why is an android spec responding about a laptop question? Thanks. Laura
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will you be calling soon? I'll just wait here at my computer then for the next 30 mins.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok, you need to accept the request and I can call you Laura, though I would prefer to connect to your computer and fix this directly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you. Pls just call me at(###) ###-#### *****
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Its an additional service Laura, I cannot call until you accept it else we continue here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Obviously, you, whoever you really are, have no conscience! I'm calling Amer Express immediately and I expect you to remove any charges you planned to put on my card; first you asked for $5, then $25 and now you want $39 more. I sell on ebay for grocery money and you scam people?!!!!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

No I am not a scam, I am willing to fix the issue here, but you requested a phone call which is an additional cost as was indicated to you.

If you do not wish for the phone call then we just continue here...

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

If you just want to do the instructions yourself as I was initially proposing before you started asking me to phone you (which is why there is an extra cost) then click on the windows logo icon bottom left then settings.

Then type in touchpad and click on Mouse and touchpad

Then scroll down and under Touchpad click the blue bar and it will turn it off for you