JKalman
JKalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I need to transfer my android/Samsung calendar to google, I

Customer Question

hi, I need to transfer my android/Samsung calendar to google, I have a Note4 with 5.0.1..
can you advise ?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  JKalman replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you with your problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call + Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
far i have had no response, i need an Email describing to me what to do before you charge my card
Expert:  JKalman replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I had to leave for a few hours this afternoon, but I am back online now and ready to give you an answer to your question. I cannot do it via email though, because tech support does not get the email addresses of our customers. I can, however, give you the directions on how to set up your Google calendar via this chat session.

I must tell you at the outset that you cannot transfer your calendar appointments from your device calendar to your Google calendar. What you can do is create new appointments on your Google calendar, and these will sync with your Google calendar online.

The procedure is to open the calendar app on your device and tap your menu button to open the calendar menu. Then select the Calendars item. Open this item and check the box next to your gmail address. Exit out of this menu.

When you create each new event on your calendar, you need to notice the title bar for the event, because it shows the calendar on which the event will be entered. Select your gmail calendar, if it is not already selected. When you save the event, it will be synced with the Google calendar online, according to the sync schedule which you will establish.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i'm not satisfied with this answer, i have hundreds of calendar events, i want to transfer them to google, its not pratical to retype all my events, and i looked at my menu settings and the google is already checked and the files do not transferso this is not the answer, and you can not tell me how to sync or make this happen and or not possible, so i should not be charged, and i noticed this has already been charged to my card, i'm not 100% satisfied, and need a full refund charged to my cardplease advisethanks
Expert:  JKalman replied 1 year ago.

Ron,

I understand that you are not pleased with my answer. However, you have misunderstood one part of it, an I want to serve you by imparting what I know about your question. You say that google is already checked. Okay. But when you create a new event, the key to having it sync with your google calendar online is that the title bar for the event must be your gmail address. It may not default to that. Therefore, you have to consciously select it. The reason that most people have trouble syncing their google calendars is that they do not notice that they are entering their events into the device calendar (called My Calendar) instead of the google calendar (called *****@******.***). Whichever calendar you select will come up again the next time, so you only have to select the google calendar once.

Unfortunately, there is no way to copy the already entered events from one calendar to another. I have answered your question and been as helpful as I possibly can, but the device calendar is an integral part of the android operating system, and events on it cannot be copied. I have provided you with a way to solve your problem going forward. I cannot help what you have already done. You have entered your events in the wrong calendar. It has happened to me, and it has probably happened to everyone. I have explained why your calendar events do not sync. If you do not like the answer, that is too bad. However, the service that I have provided has been very good. I deserve a good rating, and the company and I deserve to get paid.

Best regards,

Joel

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i asked for my calendar to be sync and its not, i need all my existing events to be transferred to google and there not, so nothing has been accomplished, it cant be done is your answer, i don't need my new ones today, i need all my existing events to be on google, so your service has no accomplished my needs, its not 100% as advertised because my needs are not meti hope we can resolve this , how can i pay when nothing has changed or accomplished, nothing !
Expert:  JKalman replied 1 year ago.

You are asking for the impossible. I have provided you with a satisfactory explanation for this, and I have given you a working plan of action going forward. You will not get any better answer anywhere else. You know why your calendar will not sync. That is what you have learned here. You know more than you did before. Do you still want a refund?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dear sir, yes i want a refund, i have already tried your suggestions before we even started this process, but when goggle searching, up came your 100% guarantee to fix problem, well problem is not fixedi reluctantly signed up hoping you could solve problem, and its not solved, it would be worth every penny but my problem still exista refund is due according to your 100% guaranty
ron
Expert:  JKalman replied 1 year ago.

You have asked for something that is impossible to do. I will put you in for a refund. Please use Just Answer again in the future.

Expert:  JKalman replied 1 year ago.

DONE