Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

My Samsung Tab4 has suddenly stopped charging apparent

Customer Question

My Samsung Tab4 has suddenly stopped charging for no apparent reason. Can you assist please?
Thank you,
Jim.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jim and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. This usually happens if there is any issue with the battery or charging cable/port. First clean the charging port by blowing compressed air on to the port. You can also blow with your mouth if you don't have compressed air there. Then clean the end of cable as well. If that didn't work, then connect the Tab to your computer with the USB cable and if it is charging from computer, that means the issue is with the adapter and you need to get a new one. If it doesn't charge from computer as well, then try another USB cable please. This is to rule out the cable and adapter If it still not working, then press and hold down the Power for 20 seconds and this will force reboot it. Then turn it off. Press and hold down Power, Home and Volume Up at same time and this will bring recovery screen. Select reboot system now and press power button to restart. Then charge. If it still not charging that means either battery is failed or the issue is with charging port. You need to take to Samsung store to replace the unit. Samsung will replace the Tablet if it is under warranty without any cost. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.