Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot Android Devices.
30037186

My LG LS665 phone use to show an icon as well as make a

Customer Question

My LG LS665 phone use to show an icon as well as make a sound whenever i got an email from my yahoo account on my computer but no longer does so. Even though it still does for my google account. I would like to continue to have this feature. Did i accidentally cancel this somehow?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue.

Are you using the app called Email for yahoo email? Or do you see the app called Yahoo Mail for the yahoo email?

To confirm, you have sound for the google/gmail email account only right? And you have sound when playing music or video on the phone right?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Make sure you did restart the phone (press and hold the Power /off button on the phone, then select the option Restart and confirm yes, and check.

Solution #1:

- If you use the Email app, then open it, then go to menu (usually, it's the 3-dot icon at the upper right corner in the Email app), then Settings, then tap Manage accounts, then tap on the yahoo email account. Then there, make sure (Email) notifications is turned on and check.

Solution #2:

- If you use the Yahoo Mail app, then open it. Then go to menu (3-bar icon at the top in the Yahoo Mail app), then select option General, then select option Notifications and make sure notifications is enabled / turned on there, and check.

Solution #3:

- If you use the Yahoo Mail app, then go to Apps list (where it shows all your apps)

, then if needed, swipe from right to left and/or left to right to see more apps

, then tap on the Settings app icon

, then open Applications -> Application manager

, then swipe from right to left until you get the option All

, then scroll down, then tap on the item Yahoo Mail item

, then Clear data and confirm.

- If it does not work, go to Settings -> Applications -> Application manager -> All, and open the item Yahoo Mail again, then uninstall it and confirm.

Solution #4:

- Open Play Store app, then type / search for yahoo mail then install the Yahoo Mail app. Then open the Yahoo Mail app, and sign in your yahoo email address and see if it works or not.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.