Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

My tab 2 1.1 is caught in a reboot loop. I could not shut it

Customer Question

My tab 2 1.1 is caught in a reboot loop. I could not shut it down so I let the battery run down, recharged it thn restarted it. It went right back into the loop. What do I do?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

This usually happens if there is any issue with the firmware or if the internal board has failed. We may need to factory reset it but lets try to reboot it first.

Turn off the Tab

Press and hold down Volume Up and Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds.

Android system recovery will be loaded now

Select wipe cache. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)

Then select reboot system now and press Power. This will reboot it

If that didn't work, then you will have to factory reset it. Factory reset will erase everything from it and install a fresh android version. This can't be avoided if it is not booting at all.

Boot into Android recovery again (using the above method) and select wipe data/factory reset. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)

Select Yes — delete all user data.

Then select reboot system now

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can install a new firmware/software on your tab from your computer. I will send you instructions.