JKalman
JKalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I have a Samsung Galaxy S II Vista smartphone that was fully

Customer Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy S II Vista smartphone that was fully charged yesterday, but I got a message this morning that I was at 4% battery power and to connect to an outlet to charge the battery. I did but it wouldn't take a charge as usual. What do I do now?
Get a new battery for it, model #sph d710 wav or a new cord to plug in to it? Thanks for your help.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  JKalman replied 1 year ago.

That's a good question. You never know whether it is the charger, the us bcable, or the battery. Intuitively, the battery would seem to be the most likely to fail, but actually, the charger is more likely, with usb cable a close second. It is not a bad idea to have an extra usb cable anyway, so I would get another one if you do not already have one. However, the fact that it went from fully charged to 4% overnight would seem to indicate that the battery has failed. You can get a replacement battery on amazon or ebay at a very low cost. However, overnight shipping is expensive. Since chargers can be unreliable, I would not buy one online. If you go to a phone store, they will test your components for you, and you can get whatever you need right away. batteries can be expensive at the phone store.

I would turn off your phone and remove the back cover. Get the part number of the battery and price it online. Then go to a phone store and take your charger and usb cable with the phone, so that they can all be tested. Then, if you need a charger, I would get it from the phone store. If you need a cable or a battery, you can decide.

If you are satisfied with my information and advice, please be sure to give me a Good or Excellent rating. If you are still having problems, please let me know. If you have any more questions, of if there is anything else I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask. I am grateful for the opportunity to be of service.

I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERVICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING!