Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

My LG440G reboots itself frequently during a conversation.

Customer Question

My LG440G reboots itself frequently during a conversation. I've had this happen 3 times in a single conversation. I'm so mad at this phone, I'm tempted to run it through the garbage disposal. What's going on, and why is it doing this? And how do I get it to stop and behave like a real phone?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Wayde Alfarone replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is*****'m a 30 year veteran engineer. I think I can help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, then do so.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Can you look and see if the battery case is loose please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Battery case is fine.

In that case, please remove the battery from the phone, wait 1 minute and then replace the battery and power up the phone.

Please let me know when this is complete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done and done.

Ok, now try to use the phone and see if that fixed the problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It did not fix the problem. I called and left a message on my sister's voice mail, and when I finished, the phone had rebooted itself. I don't know when, as there is no audio indication that this has happened. The phone simply reboots, and I don't know until the conversation goes quiet. The screen goes white with the LG logo, and I have to wait for the reboot to complete before I can retry the call.

I'm sorry this is happening, I know it's frustrating. I believe the phone may have absorbed some moisture, and unfortunately, in this case the phone would need to be repaired (most likely not worth it), or replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is odd. I had a previous phone that accidentally went through the wash, so I got this one to replace it. The one that went through the wash seems to have become functional, while this piece of crap, which is practically brand new, can't stay up through a 1 minute call. I'll never buy anything from LG again.

OMG! That figures right?

Unfortunately it's a pretty basic phone and not rated as the most reliable.

I'm assuming you don't have a contract with the carrier?