Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a LG Vista Verizon and the screen will not unlock

Customer Question

I have a LG Vista Verizon and the screen will not unlock when I swipe it. I did a hard reset and worked fine but when I shut it down and turn it back on it is the same thing all over ..have to reset again.. Driving me crazy..
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if you cannot resolve my issue will I still have to pay..I already paid thru paypal
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that the problem might be this:

- you need to do the hard reset & data wipe again.

- then immediately after, you need to set the settings for unlocking, for security, for how to log on to the device, in detail and before you restart the device.

- also run a scan to check for the Stagefright exploit in your LG Vista's operating system:

If your phone has (presumably!) the Android OS on it, then if that OS version is not sufficiently updated, then it may contain a significant 'security hole' that allows almost anyone to gain access and control over your phone.

To test as to that security hole, download and use this app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zimperium.stagefrightdetector

to tell whether there is such a security hole in your phone's Android operating system.

To avoid the problem in the first place, not just using the Stagefright detector, but also completely updating your Android OS ab initio when you first start using it, is a good idea.

(Some older versions of Android OS cannot be patched, by merely updating that version... but a higher version, if it can run on the older Android OS -compatible phone, can cure that problem.)