robmpreston
robmpreston, Technician
Experience:  Development and troubleshooting Android Devoices, all versions.
14124282

Trying to unlock granddaughters Samsung galaxy tab 3

Customer Question

trying to unlock granddaughters Samsung galaxy tab 3
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  JKalman replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you with this problem.

Expert:  JKalman replied 1 year ago.

Since you do not know the password, we can do a factory reset on this device. Press and hold the Power/Lock key, tap Power off, and then tap OK to turn off the tablet. Press and hold the Power/Lock key and Up Volume key (closest to the Power/Lock key) at the same time. This will bring up the recovery menu. Use the volume up/down keys to navigate and the power key to select Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Be sure that your device is nearly fully charged and connected to the charger. Select the factory reset and let the process continue uninterrupted until completion. Then restart your device.

If you are satisfied with my information and advice, please be sure to give me a Good or Excellent rating. If you are still having problems, please let me know. If you have any more questions, of if there is anything else I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask. I am grateful for the opportunity to be of service.

I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERVICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am picking my g daughter up. Will try this when I get back
Expert:  JKalman replied 1 year ago.

Roger that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any way to unlock without losing data on tablet?
Expert:  JKalman replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me exactly what kind of lock you have on the device? Is it a screenlock? It depends upon whether it is a pattern, PIN, or password.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Numbered password
Expert:  JKalman replied 1 year ago.

That is a PIN (Personal Identification Number). You are fortunate, because You can try an incorrect PIN five (5) tomes in a row in a short period of time, and your device should allow you to enter your granddaughter's gmail address as an alternate method of authentication.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do you get to the abc area?
Expert:  JKalman replied 1 year ago.

A data field should be presented after you have entered an incorrect screenlock password ***** times. Just tap within the data field, and an onscreen keyboard should pop up with a message to enter your email address.

If you are still having problems, or if you have any questions, please let me know.

IF I HAVE SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, I WOULD APPRECIATE A GOOD OR AN EXCELLENT RATING. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't bring up an area to type in
Expert:  JKalman replied 1 year ago.

Is it unlocked? Can you see the home screen with the icons for the various apps installed on the device?

Expert:  robmpreston replied 1 year ago.

If you aren't getting the area to type in, we'll have to do the factory reset and lose the data. Would you like me to walk you through the steps?