robmpreston
robmpreston, Technician
Experience:  Development and troubleshooting Android Devoices, all versions.
14124282

Unregistered SIM" is appearing at the top if my Samsung

Customer Question

Unregistered SIM" is appearing at the top if my Samsung Galaxy smartphone. The phone is about 5 months old. Is it just a matter of taking of it the battery & SIM card and reinserting after a minute or two.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  robmpreston replied 1 year ago.

By process of elimination you should be quickly able to narrow down the cause to either a locked/defective phone, or a faulty SIM card.

• If your phone displays this message then try resetting your mobile, turn your mobile off, remove the battery, and ensure your SIM is securely in place. Turn your mobile on again.
  • If you still get this message try your SIM in another working phone - if the SIM works fine in another phone then the issue may be a defective SIM card.
  • If other SIM cards also will not work in your phone then there is a handset fault, or it has been blocked.
  • If that is the case, you will just need to check with your mobile carrier to make sure it has not been blocked and then replace the SIM card.

Did that help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was the same thing that I suggested in my question actually & I already did it prior to receiving the answer, so, to be quite honest, no, it was not very helpful. Certainly not worth $25.

No offense but that seems a bit silly. You asked a question and I gave you a thorough answer with every possible answer. What would you have preferred?