Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I own a Amazon Fire and when I travel I do not understand

Customer Question

I own a Amazon Fire and when I travel I do not understand how I get access to be able to get e-mails, books, Facebook, etc. I've tried following the instructions, but never know if I select Wi-Fi, or another setting when remote. Can you help me?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  JKalman replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I can help you with your problem.

Expert:  JKalman replied 1 year ago.

What model is your Kindle Fire? Unless it has 4G LTE or 3G cellular capability, you need to be in a wifi zone to go online to download books and get emails. You can get free wifi at many establishments. At some places the wifi network will be unsecured. These networks will not have a lock on them, and you can connect to them if the signal is strong enough. At other places, such as internet cafes, you can ask for the password, and you can connect that way. If you have cellular capability, you can connect even when there is no wifi available by turning off your wifi and, if the signal is strong enough, you will be automatically connected through the cellular network on your data plan.

Expert:  JKalman replied 1 year ago.

If you are still having problems, or if you have any questions, please let me know.

IF I HAVE SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, I WOULD APPRECIATE A GOOD OR AN EXCELLENT RATING. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

I see you previous expert has opted out of working with you, do you still need assistance with this question?

Please let me know.