Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

My Aunt in USA registered her mobile number on a Samsung

Customer Question

i am David
my Aunt in USA registered her mobile number on a Samsung Galaxy Prevail 2 SPH-M840 and now she has sent it to me in Ghana..i want to deactivate her mobile number on the phone so that i can use a new network carrier on it
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  JKalman replied 1 year ago.

You have to know who your aunt's carrier was, or you can read it off the phone. Then you have to turn the phone off, remove the back cover, and slide the sim card from the old carrier out. You have to get a sim card from your new carrier and inset it into the phone. Then, when you turn on the phone, you have to unlock it from the old carrier. It is a complicated process. If you are still interested, we have to make sure that your phone is compatible with the your new network.

Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

Which cell phone service was your Aunt using in the USA? Which cell service are you wanting to use in Ghana?

I will be standing by.

Thank you,
Jason