Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I have a kindle fire 2nd gen I have tried the reset many

Customer Question

I have a kindle fire 2nd gen I have tried the reset many times to solve my problem I have tried to charge it the green light comes on but pic may come on friefly than screen goes dark.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already tried the reset as I stated.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, it is actually a hard restart, so this is where the mis understanding comes from and I would rather ensure you did it correctly as per my instructions.

It confirms the problem as the internal memory that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kindle to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you