Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

My Kindle fire hd 8.9 won't start. I only have a black

Customer Question

my Kindle fire hd 8.9 won't start. I only have a black screen. It is completely non-responsive. I did leave it plugged in over night but no change.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

This usually happens if the internal board or battery has failed. You have already tried the possible reset method. The only option left is the reset method by connecting it to your computer.

Connect the Kindle to your computer and press and hold down the Power button for 20-50 seconds. If that didn't work, then press and hold down Volume down and Power button for 20-50 seconds.

This will force reset it. If that didn't work, then there is nothing you could try. You have to send it to Amazon.

Amazon don't repair or replace the internal board of Kindle. They usually replace the Kindle with a new one (if it is under warranty) or will replace it with a refurbished one for a reduced cost if it is out of warranty. To setup replacement, you have to contact Amazon. Here is the number --> +1(###) ###-####or this number --> 1800 3000 9009

You can also contact them from here --> https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?skip=true#b

You have to send it to Amazon. Call Amazon and they will arrange the shipping and send you necessary details.

Everything you purchased are stored on your Amazon account in cloud. When you get a new Kindle, all you have to do is register it with the same Amazon account you used on your old Kindle and everything you purchased can be redownloaded without paying again.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask. i know this might not be answer you want to hear, but there is no other way to fix it.

If you are not satisfied with my service, please don't rate me bad or poor. You don't have to rate me anything if you are not satisfied.