Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

Right now, when I attempt to use t he menu I get two

Customer Question

Right now, when I attempt to use t he menu I get two choices, Turn wireless on or Turn wireless off. Previously, When I attempted to use the "store"feature I would get a message telling me that I could not connect to WiFi. My Kindles fire works just fine, but my Kindle reader is giving me this message.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Which model of Kindle reader is this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As best I can tell this is a model number D00201. It is one of the very first kindles put on the market
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Has it ever connected to the Internet correctly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I get this message "Your Kindle is unable to connect at this time. Please make sure you are within wireless range
and try again. If the problem persists please restart your Kindle from the Menu in Settings and try again."
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

If there is nothing of importance on it, (and if it has never connected properly there can't be), press the menu button, then settings, then menu again. Restore the device to factory settings. Once it comes back up, see if it will connect correctly.