Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My phone will not vibrate when i am messaging the same

Customer Question

my phone will not vibrate when i am messaging the same person and it did before I downloaded the upgrade
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Have you checked all the settings that say anything about 'Vibrate' ?

Have you checked whether 'Haptic Feedback' is enabled? it should be.

Have you checked whether 'Power Save Mode' is enabled? it should be tried as turned Off, because power saving might prevent vibrating.

If you do a factory reset, it will wipe individual data off the phone, and it might just free up the Vibrate function too. Have you tried that? or, do you need instructions?

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Also, before the factory reset, you should go into the settings in the Messaging app itself, and make sure Vibrate is enabled there, for all notifications and messages, etc.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing has worked
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

If you do not have data valuable to you, try the factory reset.

If you cannot even get to the factory reset option (usually reached, on many models if not yours, by holding down the Volume Down button, then holding down the Power button as well to turn it On... and sometimes another button too, in certain models...), or if you would rather not try the factory reset because it will wipe the phone clean of all your data (backing it up to another device at this point would be a good idea anyway) then the phone would need to be either repaired or replaced.