p0llinate
p0llinate, Engineer
Experience:  Android phone and tablet expert
59725966

I have a Nook HD that appears to not take or hold a charge.

Customer Question

I have a Nook HD that appears to not take or hold a charge. When I plugged it in, the charge light did not come on. I plugged it in to the USB port of my jump box and the light came on, but after 3 hours charging, it said it was half way charged when I turned it on then immediately said to plug it in or it would turn off. What is most likely wrong?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the nook. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 30+ seconds, then release. Give the nook about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.