Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a samsung galaxy note 2 it froze at the boot stage. I

Customer Question

Hi I have a samsung galaxy note 2 it froze at the boot stage. I managed to get it to download mode. Now I want to be able to restart my phone - perhaps clear the cache but retain my data. I have a mac computer and it looks like I need to download some Linux application to fix the operating system.
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I haven't received any response yet....
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The conventional way of reloading or repairing an Android OS on an Android phone or tablet device, is to do a Data Wipe & Factory Reset. That admittedly clears out all user data, but it *does* get the software back into undamaged usable condition, in 95+ % of the cases.

What Linux application do you contemplate using (in case I can advise you about it) ? note that though MAC OS X is based upon Linux, you may not find a true Linux application to run well on it. Linux applications can run dependably upon Linux, even if not the exact 'flavor' of Linux they were designed on or for.