Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I forgot my password of my Samsung galaxy tab 2 haven't been

Customer Question

I forgot my password ***** my Samsung galaxy tab 2 haven't been used for 6 months saw a lot of answer to unlog and will delete all data
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

When you enter wrong password ***** multiple times, it should ask for the Gmail account associated with it or it will show the option to unlock it via Google account. So use that Gmail/Google account to reset the password ***** login to tab. For some model of tabs, Gmail will not be asked to unlock.

If that didn't work, then the only option to get in to the tab is factory-reset. There is no other way to override the password ***** if the Gmail option didn't work. Factory reset will erase everything from it and return it to new (like Out of Box). I know this is not the answer you want to hear, but there is no other way to get in back to your Tab without the password. These devices are very secure and the data is already encrypted in password ***** locked mode. Not even computer will read the memory of the tab without the password. This is how Samsung designed.

Follow the steps below to factory reset it;

Turn off the Tab

Press and hold down Volume Up and Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds. (If the tab has Home button, then hold down Home + Power + Volume Up at same time)

Android system recovery will be loaded now

Select wipe data/factory reset. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)

Select Yes — delete all user data.

Then select reboot system now

That should factory reset the Tablet. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Factory reset is the only way to get in back to the Tab if Gmail option doesn't work. However you can try to recover the data using a third party application named Dr.Fone for Android after factory reset.

First download and install Samsung Kies from here --> http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/

After that, download and install this application Dr.Fone for Android on your computer --> http://www.wondershare.com/data-recovery/android-data-recovery.html

Open Dr.Fone application and connect your tab. Then follow the onscreen instructions to see what can be recovered.

Please note this application might not work, but it is worth a try. Please try the trial version of the application and only buy it if it can recover the deleted contents.

I'm sorry, other than this there is no other way to recover them. There is also no way to override the code and get access to your tab. I understand this might not be answer you want to hear, but these devices are very secure and can't be accessed without the code.

Please don't rate me bad or poor if you are not satisfied with the outcome of the answer.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask as I'm happy to continue to help until you are satisfied.