Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

My kindle suddenly went blank a few days ago. I cannot get

Customer Question

My kindle suddenly went blank a few days ago. I cannot get any of the material on the kindle itself. That happened to be the same day that my Visa card had a holdd put on it because of possIble FRAUD. I was wondering if that happened because I had just ordered
a couple of boooks...that is : does Amazon cut out the purchase requests when the
credit card is not functioning?
I doubt it. What else makes the Fire is completely stopped. A cover picture shows, but when turned onand the "swipe to unlock Kindle" sign is used the whole screen is white .
None of the usual icons appear-there is no selection possible.
Do these kindles need new batteries sometimes? Even when plugged in to current there is no change. Can you suggest something? Do I need to purchase another Kindle?
I have had 3 now-the first was replaced by insurance and was the earliest model. That one has a library of books I want to keep, so I got the Fire model. is therea limit to what they can hold? I have been returning books borrowed for quite a while now, so there always seemed to be more space available on it. I'd appreciate your evaluation of this.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

This usually happens if the firmware is glitched. It is very unlikely to be the card issue. First we can can soft-reset the Kindle and see if it works or not. Press and hold down (or slide) the Power button for 20 seconds and this will reset the Kindle. Then check if you are able to unlock it.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Do these kindles need new batteries sometimes? Not unless the device is not turning on at all.

Even when plugged in to current there is no change. Can you suggest something? Yes, reset the Kindle using my above instructions. If that didn't work, then connect it to your PC and then reset it while connected.

Do I need to purchase another Kindle? If the Kindle is not working, then you can either send it to Amazon for a replacement for a reduced charge or you can buy new one.

I have had 3 now-the first was replaced by insurance and was the earliest model. That one has a library of books I want to keep, so I got the Fire model. is therea limit to what they can hold? That depends up on the number of books and size of the books. But you don't have to worry. You can delete old books to redownload if they run out of space. Deleted books from the device can be redownloaded to any device at any time you want from your Amazon account. You will not lose any books you purchased even if you replaced the Kindle.