ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

My husband thinks our daughter's Nabi tablet is swapping

Customer Question

My husband thinks our daughter's Nabi tablet is swapping files, etc., with his phone and causing crashes, etc. Is this possible? He Nabi is only a month old and I have noted it has crashed with the little dead android guy on the screen quite a few times
and freezes up way too much for my liking. Is this common?
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about the attached file. I thought I had to attach a photo or file for profile purposes or to price I was human or something. Please just disregard it because I cannot figure out how to delete it.
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

if the tablet is crashing regularly, then a reset may help.

To perform a factory reset, first make sure that nabi is powered off. Then, hold down the Volume – Button and the Power Button simultaneously until the Factory Reset screen appears and follow the on-screen instructions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I have already done that. I guess the main concern and question is do these newer Androids really piggyback for updates and swap files/communicate with each other just on their own no matter what your connection status is and over and above even the strictest settings? He disconnected our wifi so her Nabi can not even get on the internet and he does not let her connect when we go out. Is there a possibility it is being caused by a virus or hacker and not just the normal way the newer Androids just do things?
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 year ago.

No, these tablets do not piggyback or swap files or communicate with each other on their own, unless they are set up to sync or share data.

It is very unlikely to be caused by a virus or a hacker.