Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I forget a backup password on my Samsung Galaxy S6 edge how

Customer Question

I forget a backup password ***** my Samsung Galaxy S6 edge how should I do to open the device?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Are you referring to unlocking the screen on the S6 to use it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

You will have to factory reset the phone, it is the only way to remove the security in this situation.

You will lose the data on the phone, but this cannot be avoided and is the whole reason for the security.

To remove this

You can then setup the phone again and use it like when you first received it

• Turn off the device completely, so hold power and choose power off.
  • Once the phone is off, hold the volume up, home, and power buttons down simultaneously. Continue to hold this combination while the phone boots, until the screen shows the Android Robot.
  • After a few moments, you will have access to the phone’s boot menu. Using the volume up/down buttons to navigate, and the power button to make selections, find and select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset option.
  • Scroll down to Yes, delete all user data, and press the power button once again. You will notice script scrolling along the bottom of the screen, which will end in Data Wipe Complete.
  • Once the operation is complete, press the power button once more to reset the device.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you