Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Android Expert.
23511658

I have followed your instructions robot looking man on the

Customer Question

Hi - I have followed your instructions for green robot looking man on the front and the words do not turn off target but it doesn't seem to have made any difference - Please Advice Thank you
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

hhello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

It sounds like you have been able to get as far as putting the phone into download mode. Putting the phone and download mode by itself won't necessarily do anything but it does allow you to flash the operating system to the phone if that's what you need. You didn't really outline what your actual problem was – only what you have tried so I am making some assumptions. I also don't know to which instructions you are referring since I have no way of knowing what instructions you look debt. In any case,, I can probably help we just may need to clarify things before finally correcting it. If you're only trying to reset the device, and if you can get back to the screen where you cleared the cache, then you can go to that screen (this is called recovery) and instead of selecting the option to clear the cash, you can choose the option to do a factory wipe/reset.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cant get back to the screen where I cleared the cache - all it keeps coming up with down is the Green Alien and saying downloading... how do I flash the operating system to the phone ?

You can use Samsung KIES, which is software available at their website. You can also do it using software called ODIN, but that is quite a bit more involved.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im downloading Samsung Kies off their site as we speak - will it be self explanatory what I need to do with this once it has downloaded ? Sorry but Im technically useless LOL
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It keeps coming up with the file is corrupt when I've downloaded it from the official Samsung site ? Why would that be ?

Are you running a MAC OS or Windows? If you are running Windows, then it should be fine.