Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

My tablet asus memo pad doesnt seem to have a way to open

Customer Question

my tablet asus memo pad doesnt seem to have a way to open the back. screen flashes, but never boots up
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont know why it says laptop on my question. it's a tablet, not a lap top so maybe im in the wrong question area?? ??
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi your fine in this category;-)

How old is your Tablet?

Also when did this problem first occur?

And will it seem to charge?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the problem started about 3 month ago, but i didnt have time to address it, so i just put it away til now. I bought it in may of this year (2015) it worked fine from may til august. Its a 2014 model I think, the Asus memo pad ME70CX. It seems to be able to stay on in terms pf power when its in the droidbot mode (from holding the power and volume buttons) BUT IT SAYS THERES NO CHARGER (USB) CONNECTED when there is...but it doesn't charge up and stay on. It's also not consistant. sometimes I can get it to power on and then it flashes and turns off...and sometimes I cant get it to even do that. AND I went online to find out how to take off the back but there doesnt seem to be a way to take the back of...the only line that it looks like it could be opened at is where the actual glass and plastic meet...and on the videos it looks like people ae]re opening the case from a different spot where mine is absolutely sealed with no where to insert something thin like to pop it open. Very confusing.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the excellent description it helps. In this case unfortunately the Asus tabs have had this problem in multitudes. So your not alone with this one.

But it will need to be serviced to fix this. What happened is there are protection diodes int eh charge circuit and one or more of them has failed causing a no charge condition. Since your tablet is so new and still fully covered under the warranty provided by Asus for 1 full year, I wouldn't take it apart. Also the parts are super tiny and require special equipment to remove an replace. Its called surface mount technology. But they will fix this free of charge or replace the tablet with a brand new one their choice.

The best way to handle this is to contact them by calling: 1-***-***-**** they are available twenty four hours a day.

If you have any trouble please let me know and I will help further with them.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly at this time to keep us locked in until this is resolved fully.

Thank you

Tech Michael