JKalman
JKalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

Can't connect to wifi from my Kindle Fire. Keeps saying web

Customer Question

can't connect to wifi from my Kindle Fire. Keeps saying web page not available. Never ran into this situation. I also don't know my password ***** this never happened before. It is asking to view a cached copy of the web page from Google. Can you please help me?
Louise
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Password ***** bottom of modem is ee468aa2 if that help your determination
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
trying to connect to network...that's when password ***** ***** Never happened before. I don't understand advanced settings. Darn thing worked till my husband used it. He hasn't a clue what he might have done.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also this might help: wpa/wpa2
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
signal strength EXCELLENT
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please let me know what is happening.....getting nervous
Expert:  JKalman replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you with your problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Joel, I haven't a smart phone so I will check my email. Louise
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No email yet...
Expert:  JKalman replied 1 year ago.

You don't need to check your email. Just watch the chat screen for my responses.

Swipe down from the top of the screen on your Kindle to open the Quick Settings menu and select Wireless. Then look for the network name (SSID) that is printed on the bottom of your modem. Select that network and then enter the password (Security Key) that is also printed on the bottom of the modem.

Expert:  JKalman replied 1 year ago.

If you are satisfied with my information and advice, please be sure to give me a Good or Excellent rating. If you are still having problems, please let me know. If you have any more questions, of if there is anything else I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask. I am grateful for the opportunity to be of service.

I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERVICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still having problems. I found wireless networking and advanced settings but no wireless. ugh
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
of course, my battery is about shot..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing worked. I found everything on modem but not on Kindle fire
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have quick settings..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
guess you gave up on me and I paid money. Thx for trying...I shall search a different source.
Expert:  JKalman replied 1 year ago.

I did not give upon you. I am here now. I waited for you to respond, and then I took a break. It may not be labeled quick settings and wireless. You just need to swipe your finger down from the top of the screen and find Settings - Wireless Networking. You do not need to go to Advanced Settings. Just find your network name under Wireless Networking. Select your network name that is printed on the bottom or your modem and enter the password ***** security key which you already found there.

If you are still having problems doing that, we can set up a live telephone call as an additional service.